The Hamel Happy Hour

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Identity.

     My mom would be proud of me.  I make the bed almost everyday, I clean the kitchen sometimes twice a day.  I cook all of our dinners, I sweep, swiffer, then mop a few times a week.   Our apartment is really quite clean.
     The apartment doesn't feel like it's mine though, but more importantly I don't feel like me.   I used to be super crafty, knows everything about Michael's, best babysitter Elena.   Now I am "Phil's Wife."   I love being married to my best friend especially when my best friend is friends with all my other friends, and vice versa...but here people only know me as "Phil's Wife."  I feel a little like I'm just playing pretend in someone else's house and that is why I hate the table and chairs and living room.
     I'm sure several newlyweds go through this, especially people in our situation where we both have been uprooted from our comfort zone and support system, it still feels like I'm a non-entity.

This is the living room, the chair, Phil's wife.



No comments:

Post a Comment