The Hamel Happy Hour

Friday, February 1, 2013

Creatures!

I'm not very good at caning just yet, but it's a part of polymer clay that I really enjoy, even if I'm sucky at it.   This is my turn out from the Donna Kato tutorial on Fire Mountain Gems.  I definitely should have chosen different colors and made the white bits smaller.  The smaller wing is from a separate cane, I tried it again with what I had left over, I rolled the one smaller slice into the pasta machine and shaped it a little more afterwards, I am much more satisfied with the smaller one. 


And this is my Mom's old crabby cat Roady.   I'll probably make it a magnet...or the creepiest cat lady necklace ever.


I'm in love with this one, I am not sure how I'm going to turn it into a pendant, but it's nautical and sparkly.   LOVE. I don't care how much I love Kung Fu and war history, glitter still beats them.  Always.



Finally I'm getting the hang of doing miniatures, I don't have the motor skills just yet to add detail to the smaller pieces with clay, so this little teeny guy is going to get a sweet paint job, and I even remembered to add a ring for using it as a pendant.


I had some leftover from the glitter nautilus, so I made a bunch of these leaves with head pins, and I'm going to try and make a necklace with most of the components being handmade, I think if I add enough glaze or translucent liquid sculpey, I'm  going to end up with a product that closely resembles dichroic glass (with out the price tag)

That's all for this week, I think I'm going to focus a bit more time into making jewelry...there is a Bazaar coming up and I want to try my luck.




No comments:

Post a Comment