The Hamel Happy Hour

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

That Guy Version 2.0

Somehow I lost my digital camera inside out apartment.   I had the memory card in a pocket, and somehow the camera has just vanished. So no Creature Features, or Shinies...just more about That Guy.

The good news is he has a roommate now so we aren't sought out nearly as much.

Here's the latest.
Since he has a new roommate he invited us up to meet him, he said the roommate would be home in 15 minutes so we should just come up.  20 minutes later we show up to the door which he answers shirtless...and continues to remain shirtless.

Now this is just my personal opinion...but I dislike it when people are shirtless.   There is no real reason to take off a shirt unless you're planning on swimming or sunbathing...if you're hot it makes more sense to leave your shirt on sweat a little more and then let the sweat cool you instead of exposing more skin to the heat and sun...And he knew people were coming over, and it's winter time in Germany.   His girlfriend calls and the roommate still hasn't shown up so while he is on the phone Phil and I decide to get out while we still could.

That Guy:  Hang on babe,  Hey man I'll catch you later.

Phil: Sure thing

That Guy:  Yeah Phil came up to hang out.

I'm not upset, but it does prove my theory that he views me as a non-entity unless my husband is not present

 I'm going out to drop off the compost and he is on the balcony.

That Guy: Hey you wanna come up for some rice?  Or get some lunch or something?

Elena: I don't eat rice anymore I'm okay...thanks though.

That Guy: WTF Why don't you eat rice?

Elena: Paleo...no grains, rice is a grain,

That Guy: Rice isn't a grain...it's rice, I'm on the Paleo diet too, I know what I'm talking about.

Elena: I have to go back inside the stove is on.

Now this part I don't want you to think that I'm some terrible judgmental hag, I prefer more of a Sherlock Holmes approach what can I learn about the new roommate based on what I see...and what I see is his car.

For most service members you know what base you are moving too 6-9 months or so in advance, excluding first base moves out of tech school, but we still had a few months to prepare, do research you know important stuff.  Part of that important stuff is an Anti Terrorism briefing, mostly giving tips on how to not be a target.  Don't wear clothes with English writing, don't put up your name outside your house...just try and blend in with the locals.   That Guy's roommate did not get the memo, because he drives a jeep.  This is no ordinary Jeep, first off it's pretty big, and if you do any research on Europe their roads are windy and narrow so a more compact car is a better choice.  It's also Germany...it gets really really cold here, more importantly while mild and beautiful it doesn't get above 85 like ever, not really Jeep weather.  He also has giant ...I mean GIANT Jurassic Park logos on either side of his Jeep along with windshield decal that reads "Take your top off"...and a little fixture around his headlights that turn his round Jeep headlights into what looks like glaring eyes.

 But he's probably a really nice guy.

I'm not saying he is a bad guy...but maybe subconsciously I don't hang out with people who decorate their car with more than one bumper sticker or rear-view mirror dangly.   When I was in high-school I had a friend who was dating a guy who had pimped out a Daewoo.   No lie, a Daewoo...he added a fin to the back( 'cause I'm sure he street raced in South Hill) and had it airbrushed.  Maybe it's because I've always bought cars purely as transportation, and any money I threw into them was for repairs.   I've just never seen a reason to make a fairly regular car a statement to other drivers and/or policemen.

The only thing that bothers me is he parks right in front of the building  (we're on the ground floor) so it looks like we have the Jeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment