The Hamel Happy Hour

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Happy Marriage Ritual.

Before I get this thing started, Phil and I are stupid compatible, like Disney couples don't have anything on us...Maybe Ariel and Eric...maybe.  I know not every relationship is like ours, but that doesn't mean it can't be.  

Morning time.   He wakes up really early and as dedicated of a housewife as I try to be.  5 am breakfast isn't happening. ( He still gets a homemade breakfast usually made the night before.)  10-15 minutes before he leaves he comes back to bed and snuggles me, I admit I am mostly asleep but before he leaves the house he tells me he loves me and I am usually awake enough to give him a hug or put a hand on his face ( That is "pug" for I love you)

We have a mostly set schedule he comes home, we go to the gym, we come home, we shower.

Lotion time.  Phil and I both have stretch marks from gained weight during our teens and needless to say we hate them, so during our shower we do a mini scrub learned from the Korean ladies at the Olympus spa and after drying off we rub lotion on each other (it's now coconut oil, 'cause my order finally came in) it's non sexual (mostly, we ARE still newlyweds) but for the most part it's just a loving touch for each of us towards the end of our day, but it is everyday.  

Show time.  A half hour to an hour before bed we watch a show together on his half of the bed, because his half is warmer, a nice relaxing time with my partner before we have to part ways for a little while.

I'm not a marriage counselor, and Phil and I have been married for less than a year, but I firmly believe that the way we do things is what makes it so we never fight and always have time for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment