The Hamel Happy Hour

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Creature Feature and Shinies!

Oh my stars.   A water horse.   I would have posted creatures from last week, but they all met their demise, I wasn't satisfied with any of them, they were hideous.    This little guy is different than my usually I tried to emulate more of Becca Golins' style with the clay eyes and hand painting more of the details versus Christ Freisen who does most of the details either out of clay or with a texture...I am more confident with a paint brush and I think for my first go of it it turned out pretty dang cute. You can see much more of Becca's amazing work here.

 http://dragonsandbeasties.deviantart.com/

Her gallery is totally worth your time to peek at.

I made a little forest wyrm...but I so of hate it and it needs more paint, so you'll see it next week, if it doesn't end up in the garbage.

And now for Shinies!

Betsy Johnson inspired.  I love her jewelry...but I don't buy jewelry unless it's from Longship Trade Goods usually.   The pendant is from the "Buds and Blooms" collection from Blue Moon Beads*  , the chain is from Beadalon and the red beads are glazed ceramic from "The Bead Gallery" by Halcraft.  All products were purchased at Michaels.


With my camera, lighting and knowledge of photography, I can't seem to get a clear shot of the abalone...but it's gorgeous. I've always loved abalone and how the colors swirl and stand out so much against the black.  Okay I don't love it enough to get an anklet with dolphins, but it's still really eye catching...even more so against black.  Both the pendant and the beads are all "The Bead Gallery" and also purchased at Michaels.


So much work, but so work it.  I want to do a whole Greek Goddess set, with this one being Artemis.   Czech glass beads and seed beads from Shipwreck Beads.  Oh how I miss that place.   The pattern came from the Jan  issue of Bead and Button magazine, I halfway want to try it with pearls  to make something really showy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment