The Hamel Happy Hour

Monday, September 16, 2013

National Hampoon's German Vacation pt. 2 The Munich.

So I barely slept, usually I pass out in hotels but not this time.  The pillows are poopy, and there are lights outside.   AND NO ROULADENS.   I'm spoiled I know.  We finally pulled ourselves out of bed and into the breakfast buffet, which is the best kind of buffet.  

And then to Munich.  

After the horrors of driving through the city center we actually found a sweet park spot right next to one of the city gates, and the Erotic Kino.   Nice.   We passed the Hofbrauhaus and started in the new Rathaus.  As it turns out you can go to the top of the tower  and get a great view of Munich.  You can also see sweet graffiti on the tower interior.   My favorite was "Derek is Sex," and "Aslan"  We were able to get out in enough time to stand in the rain for 15 minutes and then see the Glockenspiel go off...it's a little bit spooky, like haunted carnival music.   We then headed to the Frauenkirche, and unfortunately the little alcoves with the paintings were mostly closed, and the one that was open I tried to light a candle while someone was praying ... and dropped my change in the silent echo-y prayer alcove like a jerk.

We had to run back to the car to pay for more parking and we went to the market.   We all concluded that a ripe fig feels like testicles, much giggling ensued.   We found a yellow fruit I've never seen before, we'll eat it tomorrow.  

And then we went to Dachau...learned a bit more than I did last visit, but after a while it really gets to be emotionally draining.

After the emotional draining we decided it was hot tub first when we got to the resort.   Hot tub, hot tub then food, and it turns out the drink bringer, the waiter, the people next to us, all from Seattle.   When our bellies were full...more hot tub, because I deserve it.

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment