The Hamel Happy Hour

Sunday, September 15, 2013

National Hampoon's German Vacation Pt.1

I'm not going to go into the details of my long hiatus, but I think I have my second wind so to speak.     To kick of my welcome back to the internet I present to you the chronicles of our vacation with our best friend Shana.    

I've been stressing out hard for week about my apartment and then I stayed up way late talking to my sister on the Skype...but it wouldn't have mattered because I didn't sleep anyway.  And then I was scatter brained all morning.   I visited my first international airport, I dunno if all of them are like this but the Frankfurt airport is super chill, it could be because it's Sunday and the Germans aren't too hip with anything besides church and relaxing on Sunday but there wasn't a security check point to go through so we got to go right to the gate.   And then I got to hug my friend that I haven't seen in a year and I totally cried.   Full on sobbed.

Everything would have gone swimmingly but ALL OF GERMANY IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION!   The Stau added almost two hours to our drive time, but the thing of it is no one is working today so I was thoroughly confused as to why there was such bad traffic, and that was until I saw the French stationwagon full of Djembes.   Trunk, back seat...stacked to the ceiling Djembes but Germany is a weird place sometimes.  

We finally got to the Edelweiss, after possibly driving through Austria a bit, we just happened to find the German Edelweiss first.   Silly.   The resort is fantastic and it looks like the Misty Mountains.   We had the hot tub to ourselves and we had the very best crazy pool races ever.  
Going to bed with Robin Hood on while playing poker.   Today was a good day.

Also Clif bar has a new thing called a "fruit rope" all natural, just fruit puree in a big wad of almost licorice.   I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment