The Hamel Happy Hour

Monday, September 10, 2012

Almost Awkward.

Warning: This post deals with nudity.

Yesterday I was able to go to the Korean Women's Spa in Tacoma with one of my besties.  For those of you who don't know the Spa is a bathhouse that offers wonderful spa treatments.   Clothes are not an option. You get your pink shower cap, and a little cotton robe to sit in the hot rooms with, other than that you're just kind of hanging on out.

The bath house portion has a large very hot pool, a medium hot pool, a super cold pool with a waterfall and two much smaller lukewarm pools.  My friend and I were at the back end of one of the smaller pools which has a capacity of four people. She and I were facing each other so we could talk.  The pool is just wide enough for me to have my back against one wall, and my feet flat on the other wall, and I'm probably between a 28 and 30 inch inseam.

For the most part she and I are more interested in our conversation than what is going on around us.  I mean we are still sneaking peeks at the other patrons but for the most part just talking.  There were some other ladies in the pool with us, and she and I decided to leave and do something else.   Now we were sitting in the back of the pool and it's narrow anyways so both ladies stood to give us room to leave.  

But.

There was a problem.  These ladies were significantly more rotund than my friend and I so a facing forward approach to the stairs was not going to work.  I turned to do a little side step maneuver, and the gravity of the situation hit me.

I tried not to giggle while my friend followed suit and followed me into the next pool.

"Elena what is so funny?"

"Oh man...How terrible would it have been if I brushed boobies with that gal..."

Of course a giggle fit ensued but the spa was busy so one noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment