The Hamel Happy Hour

Friday, September 21, 2012

Flight 1 and 2

I never sleep.   That's a lie. I do sleep, but most of the time there is some sort of chemical assistant.   I'm just an anxiousasaurus, and the thought of having my stuff moved my other people and me not being there.   So my my last day in WA I paced and I micromanaged and I panic attacked, and I went a little OCD and mini baggied my ENTIRE bead collection to fit them in my suitcase.   Like close to half my weight limit on one suitcase was beads.  

Here is my rationalization:   I have already parted with a lot of my belongings before and all my wedding presents have stayed in their boxes, so there is no emotional connection to the stuff. But my beads.   I hand picked all of them. I've touched all of them and spent hours dreaming what to do with them.  Also I felt like Smaug when I had all of the baggies of them.

Anyways, I was running on adrenaline.   Our flight was at 12:55 am. We got there early just the way I like it but both Phil and I are super running on empty, like the kind of tired where everything is pants poopingly funny and your volume control is kind of off.   My husband and I are masters at entertaining each other and what a better place than an airport full of people.  There was this gal in running gear ( Which is totally dumb...nobody works out in the airport at 11 at night) with bleach blonde hair and a fake tan and full make up (another thing people never wear when they work out you're not fooling anyone!) She was walking around with bitter beer face and then she had to spray herself with body spray.  Super rude. She decides she needs to sit next to Phil.  Which is cool I know my husbands is a total babe, but then she has to get on her phone.  Which happens to be the set up for one of my favorite games, where I pretend I'm the voice on the other end of the phone, but because I'm sitting next to my husband it looks and sounds like I'm talking to him.  So funny.

   A nice full flight, but we got the very back of the plane...which is the best spot 'cause it's next to the bathroom and you get a drink first.  Phil has the aisle I have the middle and then we have a tiny gal on the window.  The flight was ok, but the tiny gal had taken her shoes off...and kept tucking her toes under my thigh, and then because she was passed out she completely disregarded the armrest barrier. But it was a red eye flight so no biggie.

As soon as we got off in Minnesota we get back on a flight headed to Baltimore.
I passed out.
Couldn't keep my eyes open.

We got a hotel at the airport, but the shuttle driver passed us twice...the second time he made eye contact at pointed at the curb, and then drove off.  The hotel gave us free breakfast and let us check in at about 11 instead of the normal 3.  

All in all though it's probably the most relaxed I've been while traveling.  Except when I called my mom she told me that Frank cried.  Like literal doggie tears.  Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment