The Hamel Happy Hour

Monday, September 24, 2012

Well, we're here now.

I haven't had my culture shock yet, largely in part because the German landscape her looks very similar  to lots of places in Washington.   Our temporary living quarters are very nice...even though a bit further off base than we would have liked, but it doesn't really matter because our sponsor and his family are eager to help us.   Hearing ravens instead of crows is unusual but other than that I think Germany and I will get along just fine.

The version of MTV in our hotel is all about the 90's.   First thing I saw was Jamiroquai and then En Vogue.   and I've been watching German reality shows because they sometimes show grocery stores and I try to write down the approximate price of everything I see in the background.

So far everything I've heard in English has been recording in the UK which makes me feel a little bit fancy.  

Jet lag is not my favorite.


1 comment:

  1. I sent you a skype invite after your call, wish we could have connected

    Love MoM

    ReplyDelete