The Hamel Happy Hour

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Adventures in Anxiety Pt. 3

Sunday started out pretty ok.  I woke up at seven and just stayed in bed so I could relish in the sound of children not making noise, but it wasn't long before kids started waking up and pissin' and moanin' at each other.  Without too much trouble we can get the kids to breakfast.   Landon mixes his orange juice and chocolate milk...and then spills it. Awesome.   Did I mention I'm super not a morning person?  Also my  nerves have already been frayed the two days we spent driving.

We got in the car to visit Temple Square.  Hallelujah for short drives.   The kids all seemed pretty excited for the goings on in the visitors but darling, devious ADHD, ODD Landon has to run and swing the do not cross ropes.   I was done.   Every time he had an outburst today I got right inf front of his face to tell him that because he was naughty he had to walk with me...which means I'm pinching his little elbow bone just to let him know I'm not screwing around.   Cathleen found missionaries that spoke ASL to talk to Aaron about the different pictures and explain what he was seeing.   All through the visitors center and the tabernacle, we got to hear the organ.  It's also a billion degrees outside.  We tour the conference center and watch a church film...all the while I'm regulating Landon.  I'm wearing a loose flowy cotton skirt and with the heat and sweat my thighs are rubbing together so I am thoroughly chafed.   Just a little bit more driving and then a condo with my own room.

20min away from the condo I call Julita who is going to let us in, Julita speaks no English.  Lucky for me her granddaughter does.  We get to the condo after driving in beautiful Park City.  Three flights of stairs with no elevator.   We get to the condo, and lo and behold there is no AC in the unit, in Utah, in the frakkin' desert, in flippin' August.   Who in the piss doesn't have AC in UTAH!

Mexicans.   My bad.

Needless to say we had to go, Landon already starting going through heat exhaustion and there was just no way it was going to work back down the three flights of stairs.  We're trying to leech the internet to find something and every place she is calling is either booked or the room is too small for our sleeping situation.  

By the way all of the kids are crammed in the van asking a bajillion questions and well being kids.  I'm not going to lie I was probably five minutes from grabbing my suitcase and calling a cab to take me to the nearest airport.  We did end up getting a room at the Double Tree and there is a door between me and the kids.

 The only thing keeping me here is that Cathleen is depending on me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment