The Hamel Happy Hour

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Adventures in Anxiety Pt. 7

The hotel is wonderful because it has black out curtains, too bad children have a little alarm inside that goes off around 6 am.  

Remember last night, when I was super crossing my fingers about Landon getting back to sleep so he was sweet in the morning?   He did eventually go back to bad but as far as sweetness, little was too be had this morning, and it was a rough morning.  

But we got to go to the Children's Museum here so it wasn't too bad, minus the mini meltdown about Mckenna's hair and Hannah getting the what for from Cathleen ( Actually I was super stoked that Hannah got reamed a bit 'cause that kid works my nerves.)   The museum was great that had these bee hive ball chute-a-ma-jig, and a giant wooden xylophone in the first room.  In the next room it was a "Kids Eye View" a little mock city with a construction and a crane, a grocery store with checkstands and a deli, a car with a gas pump, a house with a kitchen and living room, a pretend lake with a boat and a giant swan and a farm with a vegetable garden a fruit tree and a horse you could climb on...and a rock wall.  Piss...and a water exploration station.  

Upstairs there was the sound and video production lab as well as a sort of physical science lab and a helicopter outside that your could "fly"   I gave probably a gazillion green screen news casts for different kids that wanted to try it but had no partner.  

Then there was the Bettie Page store.   It was wonderful, except the only thing I really REALLY wanted was  on back order, it's a super bummer because I would have looked great in it, and it made my boobs look huge.  :(.

Onward to a toystore...where I finally broke and picked up some of the Scherlich toys, but I also got the catalog...and Philip will totally play with them with our kids (and me before we have them)

I found out that although teaching a deaf kid to swim is difficult, teaching him to whistle is significantly more difficult.  He does have cochlear implants so he can hear noises very well , but he's only had it for about a year so most spoken word is just that "noise"

Then to Thaifoon, although very Americanized and a blend of Asian cuisine...it was still phenominal.  I had a crab wonton and Ahi tuna lettuce wraps, and since the wrap was so good I had the Thai tuna bowl as well. It was so good.  That is one thing about Cathleen, she's fed me pretty well on this trip so there's a win.  And we've struck up a vastly unlikely friendship.

An old friend of Cathleens's came to the hotel with his wife and kids so I was off the hook for tonight and I tried for the very first time a real passionfruit, not only are they delicious they are sooooo fun to eat the seeds have a gel surrounding them like a tomato see does.  I like sucking the gel between my teeth until it rips off the seed and then collecting the seeds in the side of my cheek, and then crunching them.  Yum!

Getting the babies to bed was a little bit rough tonight.   But I'll be home in less than 48 hours, and yes I'm counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment