The Hamel Happy Hour

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Adventures in Anxiety Pt. 6


I set my alarm early so I could make sure I got all the bambinos to breakfast.   However Cathleen was still not feeling well so I wrangled the herd by my lonesome.  They are all pretty dang good in the morning as far as kids go.   I snagged some melon for momma to snack on when she felt better and I got ready myself.  

I told the girls I would paint their nails with crackle coat and for about 15 minutes I wasn't the worst person on the planet.

Getting ready was pointless because the kids were dying to go in the pool, and it was a good opportunity for Cathleen to get some rest.   I found out today how difficult it is to teach deaf child to swim better when my ASL is at toddler level or worse.   Aaron get the motion, more or less but the concept of floating is still not quite clicking.  

Landon is so much better after the pool, I let the little guys swim for almost to hours, and he swims so hard that I think it takes the edge off his ADHD, at least the hyeractivity bit.   I get everybody dried and fed and  just let them veg a little while I went to the store for dinner.

I super dislike driving in any major city area, but I do like grocery stores like Harmon's.  I found real uncanned lychee fruit in downtown Salt Lake of all places.

Hannah is the only kid that liked it, until she got to the pit and said," Mmmmm its like candy"

"If it's candy why don't you eat it."

*crunch*

"Oh  bleck SICK"

* loogie hawking noises and possible dry heaves*

"Bummer Hannah, I guess that wasn't anything like candy."

"That was sooooooo SICK"

Cathleen had a little seminar to go to, so I saved the evening with bagel pizza, and this time for maybe 40 minutes I wasn't the worst person ever.  Even Aaron who eats nothing ate three bagels.

Landon passed out at six

And he was up at nine, talking about how he was talking to baby Jesus

And now ten-thirty he walked in talking about Metro Man's heart is in the ocean.

Hopefully he gets to sleep soon so we can have a happy guy in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment