The Hamel Happy Hour

Monday, August 6, 2012

Adventures in Anxiety Pt. 4

Today was so much of a better day.   Firstly, I finally got to make boom boom....after five days.   I used the doTerra essential oil DigestZen and it worked like a charm.  Secondly, Cathleen brought a diffuser and put an oil blend in, it could have been "Serenity" or "Elevation"  I don't care what it was/is it was amazing.  I mean you've been reading stories about Landon and he is a super intense little guy and within ten minutes all of the kids have stopped bickering and just seemed content to do whatever.  

Both momma and I needed a veg day, and it was sooooooo nice to not hear the whining.   We had dinner at the Lion House which pretty much went off without a hitch and spent a little time in the Joseph Smith memorial listening to the Piano player play "As Time Goes By"  

The herd left to visit some of Cathleen's dearest friends, while I did laundry and Skyped my husband.   I needed a little break to recharge, before swimming...which was awesome because the pool was full of other kids to entertain the kids we brought...doubly awesome because Landon hyperfocused on this floating ball and was swim swim swimming for it but it would slip just out of his reach, sometimes maybe a little with my help.  For almost an hour kicking his little face off.

Today he is finally to really get that I mean business, but that I also want to be sweet and have fun.   He is responding really well to counting to three (no threes yet)  and when I get right up in his face an explain what his choices are.   Even crazy, super intense, ultra defiant Landon is starting to grow on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment